Thursday, March 18, 2010

Concrete Bliss


So... the inspiration for this blog all started several months ago.

I had decided to spend a few minutes a day in silent meditation to clear my mind and the only nearby place I could find to be peaceful and utterly alone during my busy day was on the very top of a parking structure.


To my delight, I found it also to be sunny and quiet--


the perfect place to write, study, or even change clothes really quickly ;)

Despite the occasional stoner killing a few brain cells before class, I have seldom run into people up there. It is like my own private getaway.

Since then, I have started using other parking structures (mostly at work) and have never been let down.

So there you have it.. This blog is meant to share the tips that I have learned about living a happy, healthy, "parking lot" lifestyle despite the modern world.

I try to keep my blogs relatively short because the average attention span seems to drop every minute, but please let me know if anyone would prefer longer entries. Also, since this is my first entry/mission statement, I will re-post it from time to time for new readers.


THINGS TO DO on a rooftop
(without being embarrassed, overheard, or stared at)
1.) Stretching
2.) Meditating
3.) Writing/Journaling
4.) Making phone calls


TIPS..
1.) Even if a parking structure looks really full, the rooftops are usually empty
2.) Beware, if you tell people that you do this, they will either think you're a bit crazy or try and join you







No comments:

Post a Comment